Payroll and Compensation Specialist-Part Time
VetSource is one of America’s most innovative companies in pet health care. Focused on pets, and squarely sponsored by veterinarians, VetSource is the leading provider of pharmaceutical services and home delivery pharmacy programs in the U.S. VetSource is the industry leading outsourced pharmacy provider for veterinarians. For more information about who we are, visit our website at www.vetsource.com.
General Summary: The Payroll and Compensation Specialist will be responsible for the full cycle payroll process and maintenance of the HRIS system. This position will also support benefit administration and compensation programs.
Include, but are not limited to the following. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
o Time card management each pay period
o Data entry payroll rate changes / deductions
o Reimbursements through payroll
o Tax set-up per state
o Employment verification for wages
o Manual Pays- Terminations; incorrect pay; draws, etc.
o Compliance Wage Surveys- State and Federal
o Audit payroll changes each pay period to ensure payroll is correct prior to running checks; follow-up on payroll inquiries; process semimonthly payroll
o Create and upload files after each payroll for Flexible Spending and 401(k).
· Benefit Eligibility for Health and Welfare plans
o Add/remove employees
o Address updates
o Salary and Wage updates with carrier- Life, Long Term, Short Term Disability
o Liaison with Aflac Representative
o Compliance Notifications
o Follow-up with benefit inquiries
o Create and upload files after each payroll and uploading to Flex Provider
· 401(k) Administration
o Periodic 401(k) notices
o Annual audit
o Create and upload files after each payroll and upload to 401(k)
· HRIS Administration
o Update and maintain employee information in system
o Complete payroll data entry including department changes, position and department changes, W-4, new hires, terminations, employment status changes, last review dates, wage increase/decrease, and payroll deductions
o Audits semi-annual and annual market adjustment
o Utilizes spreadsheets to develop recommended compensation structure
o Creates compa ratio calculations and utilizes spreadsheets to maintain
o Assists with management report, dashboards, and configuring steps and pay grades
· Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
● Have a genuine passion for providing excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
● Demonstrate de-escalation skills
● Exhibit a willingness to consistently take on new challenges
● Proven ability to follow through with multiple projects
● Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask their manager for assistance
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear, calm, and concise manner
● Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently
● Excellent attention to detail
● Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
● Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
● Attention to detail and accurate data entry in a fast-paced environment
● Self- confidence and analytical and problem solving skills
● Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
● Ability to operate with minimal supervision
● Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress
● Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail
● Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite
● Knowledge of basic mathematical principles
● Exercise sound judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality while maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
● Ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Associates Degree or equivalent education and/or on the job experience will be considered.
· Minimum 2 years payroll experience
· Minimum 1 year compensation experience
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Environment where dogs are present
· Sitting at a desk for long periods of time
· Occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds
· Occasionally stooping, lifting and/or bending
Working knowledge of Paylocity Software
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.