Human Resources Assistant- Part Time
VetSource is one of America’s most innovative companies in pet health care. Focused on pets, and squarely sponsored by veterinarians, VetSource is the leading provider of pharmaceutical services and home delivery pharmacy programs in the U.S. VetSource is the industry leading outsourced pharmacy provider for veterinarians. For more information about who we are, visit our website at www.vetsource.com.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for assisting the Human Resource Department with the full life-cycle recruiting process: source, screen, interview, job offers and on-boarding process. The Human Resources Assistant is also responsible for assistance with keeping personnel records up to date and maintaining the HRIS system. This position has the opportunity to work full time while covering a three month leave of absence.
- Assist in development and execution of recruiting plans.
- Communicate employer information including benefits and pay to candidates and new hires.
- Assess applicant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and competencies.
- Prepare reports on employment activity.
- Build strong relationships with referral sources and candidates.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
- Responsible for assistance with sourcing, posting, screening, interviewing (by phone or in person), reference checking, extending job offer letters, administering new hire paperwork and on-boarding.
· Identify and submit qualified candidates to Hiring Managers based on the provided job description.
· Assist with job requisition / description development and acquire a thorough understanding of job requisition, including required competencies, skills, and knowledge required of successful applicants
- Identify and work with staffing agencies as needed
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
· Work closely with hiring manager through the recruitment process.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
· Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, and source new candidate leads.
- Use traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as job fairs, job boards, social media, databases, employee referrals and community networking events.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
· Train hiring managers as needed on internal and external recruiting systems and programs
· Maintain integrity of personnel files in HRIS system
· Maintain and ensure all required documents are received and entered into HRIS system
· Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data within applicant tracking system.
· Generate recruitment metric reports both manually and using applicant tracking system
· Create, file and maintain filing system for resumes, applications and miscellaneous paperwork
· Assist in preparing and sending new hire orientation packets
· Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail.
- Experience with various HR technology (databases, applicant tracking systems).
- Excellent communication, time management and decision making skills.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite.
- Familiar with office procedure methods and equipment
· Knowledge of basic mathematical principles.
· Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws employment law
· Exercise sound judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality while maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
· Understand, interpret, and apply general administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
· Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions
· Ability to review and analyze policy and procedures
· Use sound judgment in following and applying appropriate laws, regulations, policies, and
· Compose correspondence and compile and arrange data in a readable and comprehensible manner.
· Ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines.
· Ability to communicate and partner with other departments in order to identify and assist in the development of enhanced processes and procedures.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Human Resources Management. Significant related experience may substitute for education.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a professional office setting
· Experience working in a Human Resources Department
· Prior experience in recruiting employees
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.