Program Support Specialist
The Program Support Specialist is responsible for supporting internal teams who work directly with some of the largest manufacturers and vendors in the pet industry to ensure successful VetSource program implementation and continuous support. The Program Support Specialist collaborates closely with the operations, sales, marketing, and accounting departments to execute special program support functions. The position requires assisting with analyzing data and presenting reports, product promotion development, forecasting marketing spend budgets and requesting reimbursement, as well as providing cross-functional support and communication to internal teams regarding contract and program changes and new initiatives. A core function of this position is to work closely with operations in driving day to day program support for contract tracking, preparing business reviews, facilitating manufacturer communications, and managing reporting. The ideal person for this position is proactive and able to anticipate future needs, solution oriented, flexible, detailed, organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Include, but are not limited to the following. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
· Program contract auditing and report changes, ensuring final contracts are saved in appropriate files and communicated to accounting
· Program support for day to day needs - tracking invoices and initiatives, emailing external and internal stakeholders, coordinating program needs across the organization
· Executes special program support functions including Hill’s VIP program and promotions.
· Help prepare quarterly business reviews for meetings
· Support communication from/to various departments including purchasing, sales, finance, IT and pharmacy for program updates.
· Draft promotion verbiage and forecast manufacturer spend on promotions - includes creation of VetSource exclusive promos and pursuing in-clinic offers for home delivery
· Analyze and report promotion results to detect trends, identify issues, and opportunities – preparation of data to share with manufacturers
· Documenting in-hospital promotions in the market and proposing strategy to implement via home delivery
· Executes special projects as needed including creating Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Google documents.
· Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Previous administrative assistance experience.
· Proper etiquette and confidentiality using strong communication skills (verbal and written). Includes effective listening and clear and concise communication skills in person, on the phone or via email.
· Ability to build and maintain positive relations internally and externally.
· Integrity and confidentiality.
· Strong organizational, task and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment including the capacity to start and stop projects seamlessly, despite frequent interruptions, while maintaining attention to detail
· Work well both individually and in teams.
· Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others. Includes a friendly can-do attitude and willingness to contribute to any project whether it relates to sales, inventory, returns, customer service, etc.
· Good computer skills including the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly. Ability to use multiple computer programs at once.
· Experienced using email, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Power Point.
· Associates Degree
· Environment where dogs are present
· Sitting for extended periods of time
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
· Moderate ambient noise
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Data analytics experience
· Experience using Google Documents and other shared programs
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.