Project Manager Level 1
Not your traditional project management or business analyst position!
VetSource is seeking the right attitude and aptitude for this mid-level project management position crossed with more traditional business and data analyst tasks. Unlike traditional project management, our team is responsible for much more than only tracking and reporting the status of a project. We dive deep into the details and implement much of our projects' work product, but are also responsible to guide overall strategy and ensure focus on our company's long term vision. Projects span internal process improvement initiatives as well as business development and expansion opportunities We are a centralized project management team that provides services for the company as a whole, thus, this position offers the opportunity to be exposed to far ranging types of projects from work flow and process, program planning and roll-out and technology software and services development. Our project managers play a pivotal role in communications between departments and up through management. They will regularly interface with accounting, sales and customer service, operations, pharmacy workflow, regulatory and development. Candidates must be interested in a fast paced, challenging but fun and interesting environment.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting and overseeing the realization of key business initiatives from initial specification to implementation and evaluation. This position drives projects independently across multiple departments while managing relationships both internally and with a variety of clients and vendors. The Project Manager assesses progress and updates project plan and strategies when appropriate, all while balancing the objectives, scope and resource constraints. This position reports and provides recommendations to senior management on a regular basis.
Include, but are not limited to the following. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
· Plan, coordinate, implement and complete projects according to the specifications and deadlines:
o Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements
o Develop methods necessary to monitor project or area progress and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology.
o Manage the project stakeholders, communication, risk, schedule, budget and delivery. The project manager is accountable for ensuring that everyone on the team knows and executes his or her role, feels empowered and supported in their role and knows the roles of the other team members.
o Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
· Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management.
· Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
· Continuous focus on learning the business and leveraging that knowledge to drive better implementation of current and future projects
· Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Strong and tested project management skills with increasing responsibility.
· Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including project management phases, techniques and tools.
· Energetic and self-motivated, compassionate, empathetic and a good listener while also being strategic, rational, organized and detail oriented to ensure the best outcomes for the business as a whole.
· Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded with the ability to work through ambiguity to solve complex problems in an organized way.
· Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
· Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Possesses excellent communication skills, leadership qualities and the ability to build teams and garner support at all levels of the organization.
· Must have ability to start and stop projects seamlessly despite frequent interruptions while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
· Must have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to quickly learn a variety of business systems.
· Must possess the willingness to contribute to any project and be a team player; whether it relates to sales, operations, customer service or other.
· Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are required.
· Project Management Courses, Certification/Degree
· 3+ years of project management experience
· Bachelor’s degree
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.