Customer Service Representative/Pharmacy Technician
VetSource is one of America’s most innovative companies in pet health care. Focused on pets, and squarely sponsored by veterinarians, VetSource is the leading provider of pharmaceutical services and home delivery pharmacy programs in the U.S. VetSource is the industry leading outsourced pharmacy provider for veterinarians. For more information about who we are, visit our website at www.vetsource.com.
The Customer Service Rep/Pharmacy Technician position is full time, Monday through Friday. Starting hourly wage depends on experience and skill set.
Must be currently licensed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician or Licensed Pharmacy Technician in Oregon. Non-licensed applicants will not be considered.
General Summary: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering questions and providing accurate information regarding our products to retail clients phoning into the Pharmacy. In addition to general customer service duties, the CSR position is responsible for helping the consumer understand Web operations in order to streamline reorder needs, etc. The individual will need to be proficient with how to triage and escalate calls regarding clinical or pharmaceutical issues to the pharmacist team. They will also resolve customer billing or shipment issues while participating in special projects as needed.
- Provide first level information and order entry accurately and in accordance with all applicable pharmacy regulations for customers.
- Update customer records with pertinent information pets, prescriptions, address and critical shipping information.
- Provide problem resolution on billing or shipment issues.
- Troubleshoot basic web order issues and clarify process for easy web reorders and auto-shipment.
- Escalate unresolved issues to next level of contact.
- Work with management and related departments to resolve order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders.
- Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate and partner with other departments in order to identify and assist in the development of enhanced processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail.
- Must be team-oriented, posses a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to effectively diffuse and resolve customer complaints.
- Experienced using email, instant message, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word.
- Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good computer skills are required; including the ability to learn how to navigate unfamiliar systems or programs quickly
- Ability to use multiple computer programs at once.
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry in a fast-paced environment
- Work well both individually and in teams
- Build and maintain positive customer relations
- Responsible for proper telephone and email etiquette with a friendly can-do attitude.
- Minimum 1 year Customer Service experience
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required
- Veterinary experience a plus.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be currently licensed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician or Licensed Pharmacy Technician in Oregon. Non-licensed applicants will not be considered.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.